Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Erin Go Bragh! Lucky Charms Cupcakes


Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!  I found the most adorable recipe on Betty Crocker's website. It was for Lucky Charms Cupcakes .  Mashmallow cereal, cake and frosting...oh, yeah baby, that's my kind of recipe!  So, of course I had to try it out and of course put my own twist on it.  The end result: super cute, super easy to make.  Here we go:

Ingredients

1 box of yellow cake mix (bake according to box directions.  Mine needed water, eggs and oil)
Lucky Charms
green colored sugar or white sugar and green food coloring
green food coloring
cupcake liners
1 can white frosting

Line your cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Mix your cake mix according to box directions.  



I added some green food coloring to make my batter more festive.









Mix until your color is completely blended.






 Bake cupcakes according to box directions. 




 Cool completely before you decorate.
While your cupcakes are cooling, make your green sugar, if you weren't able to buy green colored sugar. To do that, in a small bowl, pour about a 1/2 cup white sugar.  Add drops of green food coloring.  5-10-drops depending on how dark of a green color you want your sugar to be.  I added about 10 to mine.  Mix thoroughly and completely.  You will want the food coloring completely mixed in the sugar.




When your cupcakes have cooled,  frost with white frosting. Sprinkle with colored green sugar.  Then sprinkle with Lucky Charms cereal, be sure to include the marshmallows. Mine kept bouncing off, so I took a few at a time and pressed them lightly in the frosting.  It stayed just fine.  Sprinkle again lightly with green sugar.  Add a cute little St. Patrick's Day cupcake topper for added cuteness.   The ones I used on my cupcake are available at
Outside The Juice Box , my other blog. 




I hope you try making these.  They were alot of fun and very yummy, as you can see by the frosting covered faces of my little ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment